hard disk

juli3us
juli3us Member Posts: 5 New User

welcome to my help topic.

i had some real problems with my hard disk i thinks its corrupted with some serious windows error.. since

i couldnt boot it in anyway!

so now i managed to get out the hard disk and plug it in my dad pc wich i am on right now,

is there any way/software to repair this hard drive with a tool or something so i can put it back into my laptop 

and boot it.

information:

acer aspire 5820TG

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If you have any data on your drive that you really don't want to lose you can recover that while it's plugged into your dads computer. If not then go ahead and put it back in the device it came from and try doing a recovery by turning on the computer and immediately pressing and holding the ALT button and tapping F10 repetitively. Do this until you see Windows is loading files. From there follow the on screen instructions and you'll have a workign unit again in no time.

9 times out of 10 corruption issues and Windows not loading can be solved without ever needing to remove the drive.

If that doesn't work you could be looking at a dead drive or the recovery partition could also be corrupted, in which case you will either need recovery disks, a new hard drive or both.

Take care,
    ScottyC

• juli3us
    juli3us Member Posts: 5 New User

oke well

the problem is ive had the 0xc00000e9 error when i shut down my pc while froze,

i there no way to reset this? since i tried alt+f10 e recovery..

doesnt acer support any tools that be able to reset my harddisk/replace the broken files?

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

No they don't, but you could always try to format the C drive on the disk while it's plugged into your dad's computer. Don't touch the other drives, plug the thing back into your computer and try the recovery again.

• kdursi
    kdursi Member Posts: 1 New User
    You are a genius!!! My new netbook wouldn't boot up and I did the online chat with acer but they couldnt fix the problem. They are sending me a back up flash drive to recover my corrupt PC. I decided to check out this blog to see if anyone was having the same issues and I found this! I did alt + F10 and it booted it up. Thank you so much Smiley Happy
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

For me the last thing I do is to format a drive. For example if hooked as slave to a different computer there are a number of things you can do from using diskmgmt.msc or diskpart.exe to identify the drive to any number of partition recovery and MBR replacement programs for recovey. Unfortunatley to list even part would take a book.

This discussion has been closed.