eRecovery from partition disk on Acer V3-571-6646 says "no bootable device",no cd

juako_eterno
juako_eterno Member Posts: 1 New User

First of all, I am from Argentina, so i'm sorry if the text is not legible at all..now my problem :

eRecovery from partition disk on Acer V3-571-6646 says "no bootable device",i dont have a CD/DVD to recover the OS from it, and the notebook does not include Windows 8 installer dvd( i could use a windows 8 installer disk. The problem is on the boot, i tryed to put another SO on a partition of the hard disk, but now when i have to choose the OS to run, windows 8 (factory OS) is not displayed as an option, even when i know windows 8 is there, it seems to be a problem in the software that doesn`t allow my notebook to find a way to boot windows.

I don't know how to change that booting issues when i cant use windows... so i am trying to use eRecovery to recover factory OS from that "hidden" partition on the hard disk that I´v read Acer notebooks have, but when i press Alt+F10 it says "no bootable device..blah blah", what can i do?? help me PLEASE!!! iv bought this notebook 3 days ago Smiley Frustrated

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

If you changed the hard disk partitioning when you installed the other OS, it could cause problems using eRecovery. My best suggestion would be to format the hard disk, and make the first active partition large enough to hold the factory operating system.

This discussion has been closed.