driver for dolby home theater

ve2nov
ve2nov Member Posts: 2 New User

i need the driver for dolby home theater 7.2.7000.7 Thank you.

Answers

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

What unit do you have, I'll see if i can track down the drivers on the Acer site and provide a link.

• ve2nov
    ve2nov Member Posts: 2 New User

i have acer aspire 3830tg-6634

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

I can't locate the drivers for that specific application, but something you can try is going into the eRecovery partition and choose the reinstall applications and drivers option. That should have all the drivers and applications that cam pre-installed on the unit. If you are trying to update, you can check the Acer Updater (if installed) and see if it will pull up the driver updates. Last thing is maybe checking Windows update for optional updates, they may be listed there.

• marionel
    marionel Member Posts: 1 New User

i re format my acer aspire V3-471G and yet it was lost my dolby Home theater. please help me to get back in to my laptop where i could get and download the software. thanks!!!

• tim04hy
    tim04hy Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here! I really have to "clean install" my Aspire V3-471G because still, if you upgrade, all prev. files will be placed in a Windows.old folder afterwards. So now, I have installed all the essential drivers as we had no backup of it, even this DOLBY which I really need. Acer guys, there's no Dolby driver on the available drivers we could download and install.

• anon
    anon Member Posts: 2 New User

There IS an installer of Dolby Home Theater v4 on the audio driver zip (at least for my model, V3-771g). It took me a looot of time until finding one saviour comment in this post http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Aspire-V3-731-4649-Dolby-Home-Theatre-v4-driver-cannot-find/m-p/38001#M8127

ddeben1 says:

"Download the audio driver for the device and unzip it. The Dolby Home Theater v4 application installer can be found in a folder named "PCEE4" and the install executable is "DolbyHomeTheater.msi". Don't bother with "DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi" because it appears to just be a dumbed down version of DHTv4.
    Took me a while to find this out myself, hopefully you see this since your post was only a month ago."

Hoping to be helpful =)

• sariggs1
    sariggs1 Member Posts: 1 New User

That folder restored Dolby after the Windows 8.1 upgrade, thank you!

• leslie1
    leslie1 Member Posts: 1 New User
This discussion has been closed.