curser clicks out of control w500 running w8

kendent
kendent Member Posts: 7 New User

curser moves without touching to bottom right corner closes programs clicks out of control w500 running w8

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Anything new added recently like a cover or protector? New software? Are you holding it differently?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kendent
    No it does not seem to coincide with updates or use at start up sometimes and sometimes after some use random incidents for random intervals at random times
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Some people have found loose connectors on the ribbon cable that connects the touch screen to the motherboard. If you are out of warranty and reasonably dextrous you might check that. It requires taking things apart though, so if you are completely comfortable with it it might be better to contact Acer for repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kendent
    I will try my brother already had apart to put in a larger ssd so he could check this as well but the same problem was accruing when I had this tablet on windows 7 so it must not be software does any body know of a fix for the hardware jiggle problem we don't take this tablet with us on trips so it pretty much has a desktop life
  • kendent
    Update to last solution of turning off enhanced pointer settings worked for a day or so then started again if I could attach a video you could see how bad it is any more help besides breaking it apart to check connections would be appreciated
This discussion has been closed.