can you tell me why the mouse on my laptop has stopped working?

BCoates
BCoates Member Posts: 2 New User

Can you tell me why my mouse has stopped working and how to get it to work again. Thanks

Best Answer

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If it is the synaptics mouse device you have installed there are many with issues similar to yours...I got a wireless mouse in the end and use that now as I could not sort the issue out...but...have you inadvertently pressed the Fn and F7 key as that often disables the device ! (depending on machine)

Go to control panel...hardware and devices...and you should see several options under devices and printers...the mouse option should be there...enter this option and see if you can sort the problem out...good luck.

Answers

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If it is the synaptics mouse device you have installed there are many with issues similar to yours...I got a wireless mouse in the end and use that now as I could not sort the issue out...but...have you inadvertently pressed the Fn and F7 key as that often disables the device ! (depending on machine)

Go to control panel...hardware and devices...and you should see several options under devices and printers...the mouse option should be there...enter this option and see if you can sort the problem out...good luck.

• BCoates
    BCoates Member Posts: 2 New User

Fn F7 worked like a dream - I should have known the solution - many thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm very grateful.

This discussion has been closed.