android.process.media keeps crashing

dgroff
dgroff Member Posts: 7 New User

I keep getting a message that says android.process.media has crashed. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing.  I could be listening to music, looking at pics, browsing the net, anything and boom! android.process.media needs to close.  I tell it to send the report and it does and goes on it's merry way.  It is totally random from what I can tell.  I am at a loss and kind of new to androids.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thx

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

follow the steps to clear this out.

Go under settings>then to apps> then click on all>under all find the Process Android media> clear data from this and reboot the unit.

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Did this start to happen after an update?

• dgroff

I don't see anything called Process Android media.  I have Android Keyboard, Android System, and Media Storage.  I looked under applications as well as services, but nothing.  Anything else I can look for, or am I looking for the wrong package?  Tabbiekatz, I don't know exactly when it started.  I just got the tablet for Christmas and it has been doing it pretty much the whole time I think.  Thank you for your help.

• dgroff

thanks, guys.  you pointed me in the right direction and i got it.  i just had to clear data on media storage.

• angted
    angted Member Posts: 1 New User

tried to clear data but i'm stuck on computing so the clear data is not available. same applied fot storage.

i also did the factory reset but the message keeps coming back. HELP PLEASE

This discussion has been closed.