This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
sivaramrb901

acer A500 power switch

Hi, Just wanted to know the procedure to replace ACER Iconia A500 power switch replacement centre in Bangalore

Valued Leader
freeza

Re: acer A500 power switch

Good day

The power switch button is embedded on the mainboard. Whats wrong with the button?

Regards,

Freeza

Visitor
Dkan

I am having issues too with my A500 power button. I am able to turn it on and off by pressing at an angle with a pen cap but would like to know if this power button is a regular issue?
Visitor
Dkan

Re: acer A500 power switch/acer sucks

Just talked with ACER, and was told that it would be $199 just to send it in to get it fixed.  The A500 has not even been out of the box for a year (gift 12/25/11) and they will not stand by their warranty of one year. It is unbelievable that as a company they still exist.  It is a power button and they can't even make one that lasts more than a year! 

Visitor
Miket

this is a common problem with the a500. The power button is not supported well on the motherboard and if you press too hard it will break loose from the motherboard! I am a computer tech and have tried fixing this problem, but with no success!

Visitor
Inyoni

I have two A 500's  , last week my power button on the A500 i recently purchased failed , i opened up the tab and found the same problem all of you are having . i decided to strip my other one that is a year and a half older and found that the switch is properly secured and soldered onto the board with the securing pins going right through the board . Acer need to look at there manufacturing process .

tlw
Visitor
tlw

[ Edited ]

Our's failed also, found it completely detached  from the board. obviously a design error by Acer.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Visitor
we3fd

my power switch lights up like it is on but no screen or signal of it coming on

Visitor
susiew62

My power switch stopped working tonight too.  I have had it for a couple years but it really hadn't been used much until this last summer.  Very disappointing! 

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: