Wireless Adapter Not Working. Aspire V3-571G.

Sgtmeatloaf
Sgtmeatloaf Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I recently installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686, the laptop came with Windows 8 pre-installed but it was extremely annoying so I downgraded. Upon the reinstallion, the laptop decided that it didn't want to automatically update its own drivers (like every other computer with windows 7 I have ever used). So I downloaded and installed all of the drivers specified for the laptop from the acer website.

As it stands, the laptop has all of the "required" drivers installed but the wireless isn't working. There is no wireless icon in the system tray and the wireless light won't turn on (fn + f3 does nothing). In "Computer Management" it says that the Network Controller does not have the drivers installed for the device, which they are. 

So if anyone could be of assistance it would be highly appreciated, I would prefer to not have to use an Ethernet cable everywhere I go.

Answers

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Verify in the BIOS (setup) that all wireless services are working

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

If Driver Manager is indicating 'no driver installed' then I'm pretty sure you have no driver installed!

Did you install the correct driver for your hardware? Check whether you have WLAN Atheros or WLAN Broadcom (not to be confused with Broadcom Ethernet which you should also have).

Have you downloaded 'LaunchManager' application? On my M5, this is needed for FN + F3 to work (it is not hardwired). It may be the same for the V3.

I have no experience of the V3 BIOS but the service guide certainly shows no WLAN settings that I could find (nor would I expect to find any). Of course the service guide could show an old BIOS I guess.

This discussion has been closed.