Windows cannot detect the device drivers

JimBeam
JimBeam Member Posts: 2 New User

The problem is that the Windows 7 sp1 doesn’t detect some device drivers, including Chipset, Audio, ATI VGA, CPU, DVD and Monitor. When I checked Device Manager, those drivers showed that “Windows cannot initialise the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)”. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers with updated version from Acer website (Australia). But after I rebooted Windows, it still showed the same error messages. Hardware and Device Troubleshooter didn’t help, saying Windows cannot detect drivers. Neither did using “sfc /scannow” at Command prompt. Now, it doesn't have sound or can't play DVD. Please help, thanks.

Answers

• JimBeam
    JimBeam Member Posts: 2 New User

PS. The PC is a desktop, Aspire X5900. OS is Windows 7, 64 bit.

• donnydi
    donnydi Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi Jim, I am trying to solve a similar problem on my friends x5900 machine. I have a rather stupid question to ask you about this particular model and that is are the speakers in built into the machine. I never set up this machine from new and friend is no help in recalling whether it has ever had any sound, couldn't find out until I saw your post. I would be most grateful if you could answer. Meanwhile I will persevere and try and find out a solution, let you know if I do. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.