Windows 8 recovery disk

newera
newera Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi guys

I bought an Acer W700 and there was no recovery disk with it. Can I download it from somewhere?

Thanks

Answers

• newera

In actual fact I have access to Windows 8 downloads. Would I be able to install Windows 8 as I normally install other versions of windows, or do I need a specific version for Acer???

Becuase I would think that I can easily download Windows 8 and download the drivers etc after... right?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

You can use a standard Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO to load an Acer device (some models only support 32 bit versions) but afterwards you have to load the special Acer drivers (can download from the support page) to make things like a touch screen or thermal management or WiFi work.

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

On the 700p there is an acer recovery where you can make a restore usb stick.

• newera

Hi

Apparently there is also this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

I did not understand the 700p  post....

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,445 Trailblazer

Some models of the W700/W700P come with a recovery partition instead of a recovery disc set or recovery thumb drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • newera

I do have a recovery partition. I will download that from Microsoft and see if it is ok.

This discussion has been closed.