Will US keyboard work in UK Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop?

bizdenby
bizdenby Member Posts: 1 New User

Don't know if I'm in right place as never used a forum before.

My son spilt drink on his laptop Acer Aspire V3-571G, I have cleaned it up but the keyboard is not responding at all now. The laptop is working fine when connected to a USB keyboard so I assume all it needs is a new keyboard.

I'm on a very tight budget and have found a US keyboard at about half the price of one from UK so need to know if a US keyboard will work in his UK laptop and if there is anything we will need to do to the settings etc.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi bizdenby

Yes, a US keyboard should work in a UK laptop - it is just that certain keys will not match I.E.. The £ on 3 etc. The easiest way around it is to change it to the US keyboard in the "Regional & Languages" option in Control Panel:

Click "Regional & Languages"

Click the "Keyboards & languages" tab then "Change Keyboards". Click on the "Add" button & search for English (United States) & expand (by pressing the "+" ) Click Keyboard & check the US box. Finally Click "OK" & "Apply".

Near to your clock in the taskbar, you will see the Language Bar showing "EN". Click this & select "EN English (United States)".

This will set your keyboard up as a US one - and should match your keyboard layout.

This discussion has been closed.