Will I lose warranty if I clean install Windows 8 Enterprise with a MAK Key on my Acer Aspire M5?

keithamodia
keithamodia Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased an Acer Aspire M5-481PTG preloaded with a Windows 8 Single Language OS. My school however is handing out MAK Keys for Windows 8 Enterprise and I am planning to upgrade by clean install. Will it affect my warranty or will I lose some functionality with its hardware if I choose to reinstall? If I should decide later on to go back to Windows 8 SL, how will I reinstall the OS or activate it with a product key?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

1. Software is NOT covered under warranty and therefore you can install any software on the machine. Bearing in mind that acer can only support you within boundries i.e. they can support you on software, only if they can.

2. Before you install other software, make sure that you create a factory backup OS of your original Acer Windows 8 SL. You need a 16Gig Flash drive and make sure its on FAT32 Format. Use Acer eRecovery Management to create the backup. Make sure you store this flash drive somewhere where it is safe. Infuture if you want to go back to the Acer W8 SL, you will use this flash drive. You will not need a Product Key as any Windows 8 Pre-Loaded machine from factory does come with Product Key sticker as the product key is injected on the mainboard.

Regards,

Freeza

This discussion has been closed.