What is wrong with my laptop screen? Laptop screen gone white

CG
CG Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook which is less than a year old. Unfortunately, something dropped on it. (Note that the laptop screen was open and the item - fairly heavy - dropped on the main body of the laptop just below the keyboard. Nothing had appeared to damage the screen.)

I was able to use it for a bit but the screen had to be in a certain position. If it was in any other position, the screen would go completely white. If i wobbled the screen a little bit it would flicker between the good screen and the white screen.

Then, a few days after I tilted the screen. I came back to my laptop and now I can't use it as the screen is permanantly white.

Any ideas? I know I have been silly but any answers would be much appreciated Smiley Happy.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

You have to take the machine to Acer Repair Centre for LCD replacement. If they can see any physical damage externaly or internaly, they will quote you for the repair and If they dont see it, they will repair it under warranty. Make sure you take your proof of purchase with you  when you take the machine in for repairs.

Regards,

Freeza

• lq
    lq Member Posts: 1 New User

I too have the same problem. I bought my s3-951 from acers ebay store. Sad to say I am out of warranty. Is there any way i can get the part number and order the part from acer?

Thank you so much for your time. 

-lq

• mickjenny
    mickjenny Member Posts: 1 New User

Looks like this is a common problem with the S3. Acer will not admit it though as they hope to make money from the repairs

This discussion has been closed.