2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Contributor
Damreal

Re: W510: battery drain fast and always full CPU speed

Nextgen12 

I do trhe same thing since I got the tablet not allowing the "device " ( wifi adapter )to wake up the tablet. There is also another enegery saving way and that works that i read about and thats the fast start up option ( I love it peroanlly ) but it does do a lot of checks and what not and uses power big time beofre you even hit the modern u.i start screen. I currently have the HP drivers and Lenovo wifi set and liek I said at 4 something a.m I out it in sleep mode and whn I was awoken around 7:00 am or so it was at 2% ( tablet shut completey off ) when i tunrned it back on the setting to shut it off at 2% must have still been activiated. Yet regardless to lose 9% in 3hrs of none use /sleep mode is a little nuts ..at least IMO 

Contributing Member
nextgen12

damreal,

I really don't understand if you tried to enable the "allow the device to wakeup the computer"?

Because in my experience - it is that setting that makes the tablet to stop draining battery.

I had unintentionally disabled that option, and when I reverted to the stock WIFI drivers (.68) I saw that setting was "enabled".

Then I tested to to "disable" the setting - then I got the battery draining again.

I proceeded to test also with newer drivers (.76, .82) both stops draining the battery - when that setting is enabled.

So I don't know if yumm needs to check that as well - to see if that setting is common for those with problem?

Frequent Contributor
Damreal

Allowing the device will cause battery drain it clearly says it underneath in the little paragraph about if this is a lap top it wil cause battery drain. So I clicked it off as I see this tablet no different than a laptop as far as function  and spot o in form when it has a keyboard only diff is a laptop battery life may not last as long

Contributing Member
nextgen12

well damreal,

If you just at least try the setting, you won't be dissapointed.

I've had the same problem as you with battery draining, following all the advices in this thread until I finally found this which fixed the battery draining at last..

Frequent Contributor
Damreal

I guess you misunderstood my first post under yours said I tried the setting you had ..I didn't see a difference Enabled or Not ...I'm losing battery at a crazy rate even with the wifi disabled or uninstalled my battery might be defective but before I conclude that I'm going to completely drain it ( no matter the time or usage ) 3 times and recharge wash , rinse , repeat 3 times in that fashion as recommanded by the manual to break in the battery effectivly. If it still drains to quickly I will be sending it in for a replacement or fixing the battery as I have only had this since Jan 6th ( my 2nd model ) as the first was returned when it was littered with dead pixels :smileysad: 

Frequent Contributor
Damreal

Went back to a full reboot/fresh install. All full Windows 8 updated ....Acer 1.0c firmware and picked System Firmware. It hung at staying 100% for close to 10 mins than it slumped to 95% so my hopes went down from there. I turned this tablet on 12:00pm fully charged and currently its 3:15pm and I'm at 58% battery life. Now granted this was under heavy use of kids plaing games etc and apps running in the bac ground. Yet above all that it's still a dump of 40% loss works out to be close to 13% an hr. If it stayed the path the tablet woukd be full drained in just under 8 hrs. I guess thats not to bad. I just can't get it back to where I had it a month ago :smileysad:. I was getting close to 12hrs at one point ....Anyone had any luck with the 1.03 update that turned ghost on the website?

Established Member
Sonic38

I'm just not going to bother with the Acer updates altogether and just do the Win 8 updates and see what that does as far as battery life and efficent use

Regular Visitor
antlvk

still no solution? my w510 keep draining batt amd cpu always 40-80% usage.

Frequent Contributor
Damreal

Well I decided to do a fresh install. Did all the Microsoft updates and than ran the optional updates this was around 3:00am in the morning. What I failed tomnotice the bing desktop download was hanging asnit needed me to press ok make it my browser page as well. So basically I put it sleep mode (didn't shut off ) so this morning when i noticed thw above i clicked okmand the optional updates commenced. This was roughly around 8:30am and I was down to 89% and it took and an additional  15mins for the downloads to install. Some when I started playin with the tablet it was almost 9am and I was at 87%.

I used the tablet non stop except for 30 mins at noon time and 30 mins at Supper. It's currently 6:18pm and I'm at 15% battery life left. So far at 6:30 it will be 10hrs - 60 mins = 9hrs give or take. I'm still not impressed as I have seen reviews of this tablet running a movie on loop and it draing at 10.25hrs ....I have even gottwn close to 14hrs if i could remember what i did lol.....I think installed 1.03 at the time which is currently ghost at the moment from the Acer support site. I guess over besides stock firmware that comes with a fesh install I haven't installed no Acer firmware/drivers or Bios updates. Only M$!

david_mayor

Hello,

I tried to install the new Driver Package from the Acer website (version 2.08) but I still have the battery drain problem.

Has anyone find a resolution for this ? We could see so many things in the forum (install Lenovo wifi driver + restore to BiOS 1.03 + install HP drivers, etc.). What is the correct way to solve this out ?

Many thanks in advance,

David

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: