This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Pioneer
padgett

Re: Returned but not forgotten

That matches my experience, thought I remembered it being a little difficult to get into place the first time but nermal the next (I move SD cards around to add albums).

f2
Established Member
f2

[ Edited ]

Acer-cory:

Neither the one I had nor the Store Demo, stopped and waited to be pressed down "against a spring"  Both just bottomed out as they were slipped into the slot.  There was no "toggle" or spring to reverse the process.  They were just stuck unfortunately. And they bottomed out so that the card's top edge was below the surface of the tablet - making it very hard to get it out again.  That's why I resorted to the pen knife.

Once I got mine out, I was able to insert it carefully so I heard the usb-sound and the card could be read.  Then I could slip a fingernail along the side of the card and flick it out.  I did that a few times.  But if I inserted just a tad too deep, I needed the pen knife again to wiggle it out.  No spring-load mechanism.  I did not want to chance getting a card stuck in there without the appropriate pen knife.  So I went to the store where their model had the same issue.

I know what you mean since my cameras all use the same press, a bit of pressure to resist the spring and they are in.  Then press in slightly and they pop up.  So I am use to that type of mechanism. 

Pioneer
padgett

Tried mine again since setting up multiboot with a 149GB external drive and mine acts nermal.

Contributing Member
phonegunner

Re: W3 - Goofed - micro sd card

Got my 64gb W3 in today.... Staples price matched Office Depot and did a ship to store... and also used some of my ink rewards to cut the price a wee bit more...

To get back on subject...

The Micro SD works corrrectly popping in and out...

The Micro SD reads and writes and is happy with the 64GB Micro SD I have ... it is the SanDisk Ultra (the red and gray one)...and is the one from my W510 and has all the utilities and my own desired bloatwre...

The reason I see for the USB port being flipped over is so that you can use the micro USB adapter from Monoprice.com (and others) that have a right angle connector on them. On my W510 when that connector is used it covers the Micro HDMI port and doe not allow both to be used at the same time (of course the W510 comes from the factory with a straight connector on it) on the W3 there is no interference with both ports populated this way.

So far everything seems to be great with it.

Ted...

Pioneer
padgett

Hard to believe they would flop the socket for such a logical reason. More likely they didn't want anyone making a universal dock that would fit both.

Thanks for the tip that the 64GB micro SD works, didn't want to spend $50 on a flyer when 32GB is a twenty.

Still using a bunch of 80GB removables in my main PCs, am mainly interested in proving that something can be done rather than how big or how fast.

BTW that recovery DVD will boot but took almost 20 minutes with the ACER logo and the white dot at top left. Anyone else experience that ?

Did the 64GB come with any cords or disks ? 32GB comes with one recovery DVD and no cords. The power connector while tiny does seem like a standard one.

f2
Established Member
f2

Mine, also a 64, only had the charger.  It may have had a disk - I did not open all of the sealed envelopes. 

Contributing Member
phonegunner

[ Edited ]

Only the AC adapter / power cord no adapter cords like with the W510.

The documents were scant .. but there was the Microsoft code for office to enter to activate and worked well.

And ... no disc...

Also picked up the ACER case for it and it seems to hold the tablet real nice like it should.

A far cry from the case for the A500 (which now belongs to a daughter and her family... hand me down tech they love ...)

Ted

Contributing Member
sandorx

So just to be absolutely sure. Is this the one you are talking about or another red and gray card? :smileyhappy:

http://www.dustinhome.se/product/5010640729/sandisk-microsdxc-ultra-class-10-64gb/

Contributing Member
phonegunner

It looks to be the same one...

However since I did not translate the language I have to go by what the card looks like...

Ted...

Contributing Member
sandorx

[ Edited ]

Of course not but the text on the SD card is the same?  :smileyhappy:

This is the same one from Amazon.   http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007WTAJTO?ie=UTF8&tag=pric097-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creative... 

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: