VGA Intel driver on W700 Windows 8.1, ERROR

HiSpeed
HiSpeed Member Posts: 35 New User

I am trying to install "VGA_Intel_10.18.10.3304_W81x64_A" but I get the following message:

"This system does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software."

All other drivers were installed successfully.

Any tips?

Answers

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

When I was using the preview version, I remember having to reinstall Acer's display driver to make it work. Strangely, having just updated to the official version, Windows installed Intel's 10.18.10.3316 driver and all seems to be working perfectly, including brightness control. The only hiccup that I encountered was blurry fonts in Device Manager, which was solved by changing font scaling size to 100% then back to the 125% I was using.

With all of the problems that I experienced with the preview version, I was expecting more trouble with this upgrade.

My suggestion would be to have it auto search for driver online and it should give you the same driver that I'm using now. Not quite sure whether or not this makes a difference, but I upgrade to 8.1 from the Acer's Windows and not the general Windows 8. 

• HiSpeed

After auto search: Driver software for your device is updated.
    I still have version 9.17.10.2667 but the newest is 10.18.10.3304?

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try the generic Intel one provided by Windows. I'm not sure why that latest drivers won't install...

• Wojciech
    Wojciech Member Posts: 5 New User

I have the same problem. Just updated to Windows 8.1.

On Windows 8 I was running 9.17.10.2867 intel driver. After Windows update I had to reinstall it manually as there was some conflict in Device Manager.

Today downloaded new driver from Acer site but same error on install:

"This system does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software."

I guess we have to wait for corrected one...

For now I'm staying with 2867 which seems to work fine.

• Ethos
    Ethos Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

NO guys 

I have figured out  the problem of the gpu drivers in Win 8.1 !!!  

for firs tu have to downl. these drivers !!  : --->>> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106&lang=eng

Then go to settings change pc settings update and recovery , win update and KLICK : CHOOSE HOW UPDATED GET INSTALLED 

Then IMPORTANT ! change automatic download and install  to downl. updated and LET ME CHOOSE WHETER TO INSTALL THEM!!!

If u leave it it will update you HD4000 driver which ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH W700P !!! GUY S DO IT IT WORKS FO ME ..

• Wojciech

Well, this is semi fix I would say. The link you provided is 15.31.17.64.3257 version of intel driver which is for windows 8.

For windows 8.1 it should be 15.33.5.64.3316 I think

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers

Anyway if Acer is customizing drivers for their equipment then downloads from their site should work. We should not look for ourselves which driver will work and which will not.

• Ethos

comon u semi .. wht umean semi..?? how can be something semi.. grow up..

it doesnt mean weh u see that or that is for that windows.. it doesnt matter.. u been installing drivers which arw for win 7 and works in win 8..

why should be?? just bcos u seen there win 8.1? pleeese comon dont be naive.. 

that version what i dvertised is best and works.. i haveno probs whatsoever..

• Wojciech

It's not because I've seen 8.1. It's because it's newer. If you did not try others do not claim that something is the best. By semi I meant work around. Topic is driver for windows 8.1. So of course other driver will work but that is not the point here. And finally when you write maybe you should check your spelling.

• HiSpeed

What I do not understand is why Acer delivers us a driver that does not work!!!

• Wojciech

Breathe man. I have old version of driver that was working under W8 and it is still working as designed. So there is more than one that will work.

And spelling, well that is just rude and shows disrespect to all the others here. No more comment.

• Ethos

How u cant understand ..  it's simple .. they just dont bother.. or they have time.. look on drivers page ..  there is soft since 2012...  only wifi and bluetooth been updatwd and u know what ? those drivers arent latest .. one guy here gaveme link and i installed latest ones.. 

i never go to acer website for downloading drivers .. i have special program for it .. just because you have acer product u think u have to go find drivers ONLY on their website? nooo man .. since w700p iconia is full windows version u have to think like u have desktop u made by your self .. and go DIRECTLY step by step to manufacturers websites of each device what is in your tablet.. or have one of many softwares which will automatically finds all missing or out of date drivers for your OS and computer... that is how I do it ... ciao 

• Wojciech

Exactly my point. If it is not working it should not be posted.

• HiSpeed

They updated 6 drivers yesterday! Only VGA that does not work. All for Win 8.1

• Ethos

If u listen and do what i posted above procedure how to instal ''A WORKING SOLUTION FOR NOW'' u will be happy

• HiSpeed

Will it work with the driver from Acer?

• Ethos

u mean what we benn using until we updated to 8.1 ? no it wont ... i did it and it didnt work ..

• HiSpeed

No. They have published a driver for 8.1, yesterday.

• Ethos

i just checked for my w700p and it is still old

where did u downl from ?

VGAIntelVGA Driver9.17.10.2867137.1 MB

2012/11/01

• HiSpeed

You must switch to 8.1.

VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.10.3304154.4 MB2013/10/12Download
  • HiSpeed
    AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7040394.1 MB2013/10/12Download
    ChipsetIntelChipset Driver9.4.0.10265.3 MB2013/10/12Download
    MgmtEngineIntelME (Management Engine)Driver9.5.14.172455.9 MB2013/10/12Download
    OthersIntelOther Drivers (DPTF)7.1.0.21036.3 MB2013/10/12Download
    VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.10.3304154.4 MB2013/10/12Download
    Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (WLAN+Bluetooth driver)10.0.0.263251.3 MB2013/10/12Download
This discussion has been closed.