USB drivers corrupted or missing?

kas_mom12
kas_mom12 Member Posts: 4 New User

When I turned my laptop on this morning, I couldn't connect my webcam or do anything with any of the USB ports. I looked at the device manager and it shows little yellow exclamation points in front of every one of my "Intel 82801g ich7 family USB host controller" (27C8, 27C9, 27CA and 27CB) and also the "Intel 82801g ich7 family USB2 enhanced host controller" (27CC). When I right clicked and hit properties, they all said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." I've updated the drivers, rebooted several times, started in safe mode, ran Microsoft Fix It, uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. Everything was working just fine before I went to bed last night. Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this? Sorry this is so long! Im running Windows Home Edition XP x32 SP3 on an Acer Travelmate 2480. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Last night I installed 14 Windows updates right before I turned the laptop off. I wonder if that could have anything to do with this happening first thing this morning?

Best Answer

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Do a system restore to the 6th.

Regards,

Freeza

• kas_mom12
    I tried to and it said theres been too many system changes since then and restoration failed. I have a restore point for the 7th, I'll try that one in the morning. Thank you for the reply.
  • kas_mom12
    Answer ✓
    Acutually I just fixed it! I found this website- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic121028.html -on google and followed the instructions and Im completely fixed!!
This discussion has been closed.