Speaker Volume and Quality of sound from speakers

players139
players139 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyoen...I purchased an ACER ASPIRE E1-531-2801 lap top last summer. From the first time I used my new lap top I realized the speakers sound was very low and even when the volume was set to the maxium the sound is still not very loud. In addition the sound is very "tinny" . I phoned ACER and spoke with a technician who advised that I delete something and reinstall it which I did and my volume loudness and quality remains the same. The technician then advised that I purchase external speakers or use headphones. 

I have had other brand name lap tops in the past and this has never been an issue. Unfortunately ACER was not very helpful with my problem.

I welcome comments and suggestions from people experiencing similar problems. Other than the above I like and am pleased with this ACER product.

Answers

• jlelliott
    jlelliott Member Posts: 1 New User

I also found the speaker volume to be extremely low and the quality to be rather poor.  I was not able to adjust the volume in any manner  This has never been a problem with my other laptops or notebooks.  I was extremely disappointed that there was no resolution to this issue.

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
  • players139

Thank you for the youtube video solution. I tried the method and it did not resolve the situation.

• ScottyC

Do you have the dolby advanced audio software? This can be used to boost the sound. Change all of the sliders to the max level and see if that helps. You can also disable it by right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting disable.

• players139

no...all I have is what came with the lap top, i.e."Realtek High Definition Audio" . How do I get dolby advanced audio software ? Is it freware?

• ScottyC

It would have come preinstalled assuming your computer used it. However, the same settings are available (usually) in realtek HD audio. But with that in mind, are you by chance able to disable the realtek software? That does sometimes help as it allows windows to control the volume directly.

This discussion has been closed.