Screen

samthomas84
samthomas84 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hiya wonder if anybody can help me. My Acer asprie one would load kept getting as far as windows then rebooting and it would just loop around and do nothing else. My cousin told me to alt and f10, to reset it all,back to,factory settings. I've got a problem with my screen. I can see the first left half, in the middle is this big white box that covers top to bottom of screen and about 5 to 6" wide and right half of screen next to box is,just black. So I,can't see anything to reset it....help,someone,Smiley SadSmiley Sad please!! Thank,You

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

This is a physical issue, there is no setting that will correct this. I'll ask one thing, do you see a dark circle anywhere in the screen? As of right now I'm assuming the LCD board is just defective, in which case Acer will repair the unit free of charge if you are under warranty. Just give them a call and they'll set you up a repair. If you do see a dark circle anywhere it idicates a crack in the screen (which I'm honestly doubting) but that wouldn't be covered. In this case go see a local tech and tell them to repair it in house, I've heard of repair shops just sending the units into Acer and paying for the OOW repair and then adding a surcharge. It's not worth 300 dollars to repair this issue.

This discussion has been closed.