Screen sleep mode on brand new G3620 (DT.SJPEH.002)

KoenDelvaux
KoenDelvaux Member Posts: 6 New User
Hello, First startup on G3620 (DT.SJPEH.002): Connected power, mouse, keyboard and monitor. Power on, light comes on, fan running, small behaviour of HD, but nothing on my screen...screen in sleep mode. I've tried via both DVI and the HDMI connector on the back of the pc. Even tried connecting to my TV instead of my monitor via it's HDMI connection. It has just come out of the box. Am I missing something? Thanks

Answers

• KoenDelvaux
    Oh, and no beeps from PC when starting up
  • tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hello.

You need to check if you have right DVI Connector

• KoenDelvaux
    It's the 3rd one
  • KoenDelvaux
    And I've also tried it HDMI to HDMI (on 2 monitors and with 2 cables)
  • KoenDelvaux
    HD-light only flashes very briefly (don't know haw fast this PC would start, but don't think 4-5 seconds of HD would do it to start windows 7). Light on the top of the PC is Orange (don't know if it should be orange in this pc)
  • tom85

I think you need to have this one in the red square.

And i dont know if your Monitor is 100% compatible with DVI or need VGA. Always you can buy DVI to VGA converter and VGA cable to trye connect your pc with monitor. BTW what monitor you've got?

• KoenDelvaux
    It's an LG (IPS224V) flatscreen VGA - DVI-D and HDMI. I've tried it with VGA on my old PC and that works fine. I've also tried pc to screen on 2 different HDMI cables. Doesn't work either.
  • tom85

So i suggest you to buy DVI to VGA converter, and than check if its work, or borrow from somebody to be sure.

This discussion has been closed.