Screen protector for Iconia tablets

MarciaH
MarciaH Member Posts: 11 New User

Since the Iconia series tablets use Gorilla glass technology developed  by Corning that is scratch-resistant, do you use a screen protector?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I am not using a screen protector. I do, however, notice that it tends to get pretty dirty with normal use. I'm putting serious thought into putting a protector on, just to have that extra layer of protection against finger prints.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Damreal
    Damreal Member Posts: 123 New User

trust me Gorillia Glass isn't as good as it says ....Nowni don't know if it is gg version 1 or gg version 2 glass but scratch prood it is not my 15 month old tossed  baby fork not even enough to measure it in distance on the sofa and it landed on my tablet and it literally scratched the upper portion of the screen icluding the bezel. And yiu can't get much more safe and blunt than baby fork or spoon....As for my 32gig model imhad for 5 months before i traded it in for the above 64gig model....within a few months I notice scratches on the screen and I buffed and took care of it sure i was present when the kids used it but still ...Gorillia Glass is supposed to be so tough.....Anyway you may want to seek a full case because the cheap plastic back /silver coating scratches as well very easyily from carpet fibers to rough sheets ..table grains anything it will scratch it to hell including finger nails

• MarciaH
    MarciaH Member Posts: 11 New User

That's good to know.  I have an Armorsuit screen protector on my Acer 210 and I am constantly cleaning fingerprints off it, but I love it.   I did contact that Armorsuit company and they aren't making a protector for the Acer A1-810 model.  So I guess I'm shopping for a new company.  I saw one that looked decent but they only make it for the W3-810 (windows) model.  I'm thinking of getting it and cutting it to size (slightly longer than needed). 

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

Hi, I have the W3 with the Acer case. Right now I am using the desktop much more than the Metro. I have a Targus stylus that I use a lot. Will a protector play nice with a stylus?

This discussion has been closed.