Replacement hard drive for acer aspire 7745 laptop

bypass
bypass Member Posts: 3 New User

Going to need to replace the hard drive in wifes aspire 7745 laptop.  Need to know where to buy and if I can upgrade.  Been looking on internet but having trouble getting info on who has the drive that matches 7745 laptop. And if I find one can I use the recovery disk from the 500GB thats on it now.  All help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Best Answer

• bypass
    Answer ✓

Got it fixed, went to Bestbuy bought a hard drive and the restore disk that I had mad from when I first got the laptop and they went right on with no problem

Answers

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I`ve replaced several hard drives and have bought all of them from eBay...I`ve never had any problems with any of them...I have always made sure that I bought the same hard drive though I don`t supposed it matters at all... if you have a disc then you can install the OS from that...you will need the product key.

• bypass

Went up to BestBuy, they had laptop hard drives, they said should work, 500GB 7200, but now what I'm wanting to figure out or know is, will my backup disk that I made from the Acer when I first got install on the new hard drive, by the way the hard drives at BestBuy are Seagate.

• bypass
    Answer ✓

Got it fixed, went to Bestbuy bought a hard drive and the restore disk that I had mad from when I first got the laptop and they went right on with no problem

This discussion has been closed.