Reinstall Windows 7 on Aspire D 255

kevingarit212
kevingarit212 Member Posts: 1 New User

My fiancee forgot the password for the Aspire I bought her as a gift.  Its out of warrenty too. I have an external hard drive (LG Slim), have set the bios to boot first from CD Rom, set the F12 option to enable but when I try to boot from the CD ROM the aspire does not see it.  I need to reinstall W7 because its pretty much useless without being able to get into it.  How do I boot from CD ROM to reinstall windows.  HELP!

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Don't bother, just hold ALT before turning the computer on (and during this whole process), turn the computer on and as soon as you see lights on the device start tapping F10 repetitively. Don't stop until you see a while bar that pops up. It will say "Windows is loading files". This is the recovery partition, which is a copy of your disks stored on your HDD. Same difference, easier to do though.
  • Quiz
    Quiz Member Posts: 5 New User

I HAVE TO THANK YOU SCOTTY, as yours was the 1st post that said to hold the 'alt' button before pressing the power button.

I have been pressing the alt and f10 after pressing the power button without much luck and with my 'aspire' stuck on 'staring system services'.

As soon as as I read your post I had it 'sussed'.

Gary.

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Haha, you're welcome Gary. Glad I was able to help. The way you were doing it is technically correct, but you have to really know what you're doing to time it out properly. My way is just a bit easier for those who don't do this sort of thing all the time.

This discussion has been closed.