Refurbish Emachine M6811

koga515
koga515 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am here because this is where the Emachine website sent me. Gosh I hope this wasn't pointless what I am trying to do is find a way to get my Emachine Refurbish. Its old but works. Its Model number is M6811 So if someone can please help me I beg of you.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Koga, before refurbishing your nine year old Windows XP machine, remember that for about $250 you can buy a Windows 8 laptop with a dual-core and more RAM. But having said that, here are some things you can do to speed up your rig:

1) Download the free WinPatrol program to find out what  unnecessary programs you have starting up. Disable them, but do not Delete them until you are sure you do not need them. And don't disable any programs from Microsoft or Acer.

2) Install the free Malwarebytes program and run a deep scan.

3) Install the free SuperAntiSpyware program and run a deep scan.

4) Registry cleaners can really foul you up bt going too deep. But the free CCleaner only deletes obvious problems and is safe to use.

5) Delete unnecessary programs. The best place to find them is in My Computer, C Drive. But DON'T delete anything unless you're sure that you know what it is.

6) Run a deep scan with your updated antivirus system.

Your machine started out with half a gig of RAM. A reputable computer shop can easily double that. But remember that you are using DDR2 Ram, which has only half the speed of DDR3.

• koga515
    koga515 Member Posts: 2 New User

I cann't do windows 8. Its functionaly i cannt do. One thing is How am I suppose to even open up the M6811 I have taken all the screws out but it worn't release. The laptop itself insides need clean

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Welcome back, Koga. Over the years, the plastic and metal sometimes fuse together, requiring special tools to get them separated. A reputable computer shop has those tools.

This discussion has been closed.