Recovery disks not working, restore keeps freezing.

Caribou1006
Caribou1006 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer Aspire 1830T-6651 originally installed with Windows 7.  Started having I/O error every time I tried to start laptop.  Launching repair did not work.  Did it several times with an "Answers by Acer" tech with no success.  They recommend I order recovery disks from Acer.  I have the discs now and am trying to restore to factory default with RCD's and the process keeps freezing.  I'm on my third attempt now to restore my laptop.  It is currently freezing again on the first of two recovery discs after successfully booting with the System Disc and wiping out the drive.  It does not go past the halfway point of the first recovery disc. 

The error screen that initially came up before restore was: 

• Status:  OXCOOOOOe9...and then...Info:  An unexpected I/O error has occurred

Wondering if drive is corrupt or physically damaged.  Considering purchasing a new drive and doing fresh install of Windows 7, but would need the drivers.  I don't see the Win7 drivers on Acer Driver Support page when I enter my S/N.  Has Acer stopped providing Win7 drivers for laptop?  What are my options, if any at this point?

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

use ALT F10 method to recover system

Reloading your Acer computer

Acer still support Windows 7 if it ship on system

• Caribou1006
    Caribou1006 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I did ALT + F10 already several times to no avail. That's basic procedure...need more advanced feedback.
This discussion has been closed.