Really upset Acer abandons it's customers... a500 no upgrade....never buy acer again!

dan12039
dan12039 Member Posts: 2 New User
Only had my a500 one year....and wish i had bought the asus now....really poor custmer service won't trust them again and i know many feel the same way....

Answers

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

any elaboration?

• tad
    tad Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just read today at http://blogs.computerworld.com/android/21093/acer-android-41-upgrade that Acer will not provide/support Android Jelly Bean on Acer Iconia A500 models. If true, I'll also be buying another brand of tablet in the future. On a related note, Acer's support site does not list the IceCream Sandwich OS I upgraded to via Acer as a supported OS...what gives?
  • GIS
    GIS Member Posts: 6 New User
    Yes, Acer abandoning existing customers is egregiously poor service. Upsetting current customers will not improve Acer's bottom-line.
  • cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

I don't understand, the A500 is going on 2 years old soon you are hard pressed to find a tablet maker (especially android) that will keep updating their 2 year old hardware. Thats just how the cellphone/tablet world is now. I don't think any tegra 2 devices from any company are supported anymore.

• GIS
    GIS Member Posts: 6 New User
    Unless there is a hardware reason preventing the latest Android OS from being pushed by Acer to the A500, their not doing so will upset current owners.
  • kiwipeso
    kiwipeso Member Posts: 82

Tinkerer

There is an official upgrade to ICS which has gone to most of the world, it should be coming soon to the few places that don't have it yet.

For JB, unofficial roms exist which aren't supported by acer. If you're willing to follow the instructions on the rom websites, it could be worthwhile taking a risk.

• timthom
    timthom Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer support is not very supportive. Apparently this is happening to a lot of people but Acer does not provide any hint of how to fix this. If this is a hardware issue then I guess I shouldn't trust Acer in the future to provide a durable product. I have lots of Acer products here in my office but I guess I'll use this tab for a shotgun target and buy another brand to replace it.

This discussion has been closed.