Publish an instruction manual telling how to get an instruction manual for Acer Tabletso

ianskidmore
ianskidmore Member Posts: 5 New User

This morning I rang back the company's customer support. The last time I rang I was told that no such manual exists.According to Google it not only exists it has gone forth and multiplied. This time your customer support admitted it not only existed I was told how to download one.

I downloaded one and sure enough it appeared on my tablet. What also appeared was a notice saying the file could not be opened. Happily by tis time I knew the customer support number by heart. I had also committed to memory the 11 digit SYM number without possession ofwhich the operators are unable to speak .So I was quickly able to reconnect with Acer. This time the operator told me I had commited the wrong number. I should have rung their software assistance department. I did and was told I could not be helped because I did not have a contract with them. It was going to cost me £80 to discover how to open the file. I pointed out that I DID have a three month warranty on the refurbished machine I bought on April Fools Day. In that case,I was told to ring back the original number and tell them I had been given the wrong number...

Atthis point my nerve broke..........................

Best Answer

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Which tablet ?

• ianskidmore

A1 Iconiatablet A510 refurbished

• padgett
    Answer ✓

Try here.

• ianskidmore

I am deeply obliged to you.You have done in a trice what Acer failed to do in a week. You are ACE

• roymer
    roymer Member Posts: 1 New User

The answer I read there referred to a different model....I have an A500...where do I get an instruction manual for this, please?

BTW the "Product Overview" sheet that came with it is wildly inaccurate.

Refers me to www.support.acer but nothing is in line with what I see there.

Item 5 "Download your tablet's user guide" has no similarity with what is produced.

One part of it requires name of operating system and has a choice of 4, how would I know?

Too many weird references to Windows8 

If you can't include a Product Overview Sheet which is similar to what appears on the screen you need to change something.

You make reference to Adobe Flash Player and visiting the Android Market to "easily download and install a free version of Adobe Flash Player"  ...just a minute..I have to find out how to work this thing first, and I am having to use an Acer Laptop beside it to try to make the Tablet work but your info is not allowing me to do it.

Are you trying to match Microsoft in obfuscation?? 

• padgett

Could be rong but thought all Acer tablets with an "A" prefix were Android devices.  

for all documents check http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and select your device then documents. User Guide should be in there somewhere.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

roymer wrote:

The answer I read there referred to a different model....I have an A500...where do I get an instruction manual for this, please?

BTW the "Product Overview" sheet that came with it is wildly inaccurate.

Refers me to www.support.acer but nothing is in line with what I see there.

Item 5 "Download your tablet's user guide" has no similarity with what is produced.

One part of it requires name of operating system and has a choice of 4, how would I know?

Too many weird references to Windows8 

If you can't include a Product Overview Sheet which is similar to what appears on the screen you need to change something.

You make reference to Adobe Flash Player and visiting the Android Market to "easily download and install a free version of Adobe Flash Player"  ...just a minute..I have to find out how to work this thing first, and I am having to use an Acer Laptop beside it to try to make the Tablet work but your info is not allowing me to do it.

Are you trying to match Microsoft in obfuscation?? 

Hmm, I went to the Acer support site, selected Driver and Manuals, then selected the A500 tablet from the list. Once the driver was shown I clicked on the Documents tab and there was the User Manual... Seemed pretty easy and obvious to me.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.