Phone will charge but unable to transfer data

bencough
bencough Member Posts: 3 New User

I have only recently started experiencing this so I'm unaware whether it is my phone or my laptop

I'm currently using an Acer Aspire 5742 - 383G32 and have really had nothing but problems with it so far but I've just sent it off or factory restored it before but I don't really want to do that unless it turns into a last resort

I have tried connecting my Sony Xperia Miro to my Aspire using several different wires, in several different USB slots all to no avail 

Can anyone tell me whether this is an issue with my Aspire or my phone and how to fix this? 

Any input is appreciated, cheers Smiley Happy

Answers

• DrkBluePenguin
    DrkBluePenguin Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

I'm asuming you can still use other usb devices with your laptop so I'm going to say it's phone side. Check to make sure nothing, like lint, is not inside the usb port of the phone. Other than that there is not much you can do. You can try restoring your phone and see if that fixes it.

• bencough

My iPod also doesn't pick up on my laptop so I'm going to say it's the laptop's side, still unsure though

• DrkBluePenguin
    DrkBluePenguin Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

Lol that would have been useful before. Have you checked the device manager to see if your usb ports are still listed or if there is a error with it? "Windows Key" + "Pause Break" then click on Device Manager. USB ports should be on the bottom of the list.

DM.PNG

• bencough

All my USB ports seem to be fine, really not sure what the issue is Smiley Sad

This discussion has been closed.