Persistent Qualcomm Atheros Fail - tried everything? Ideas? (Acer Aspire V3 771G)

KarmaTsuki
KarmaTsuki Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear Acer or whoever has any more ideas on this matter.

I bought my Acer Aspire V3 771G three days ago and right on the second day I started having connectivity problems. My wifi was disconnecting every 10 minutes. I searched online and found a bunch of fixes. This one helped a bit, now I only disconnect every few hours, once or twice in a row. I did the following:

---> newest drivers as described here: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27675/kw/wifi%2010.0.0.217

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver (new)10.0.0.217.v3216.5 MB2012/12/28

Since that doesn´t solve the problem, I kept searching. From my other search I found that updating BIOS does not fix the problem, nor does anything else and the only way to fix this is to send it to service. I can´t afford to send my laptop away. What steps can I take to fix this myself? Is there anything else I can do? What is the official stand of Acer company on this?

Thank you!

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I don't know what the "Official Stand" is on this, but I have been researching this issue. I know that it is not just an "Acer" problem, but something to do with how the Athros card talks to the router usually using the WPA security. What security do you have on your router and what router are you using?

• KarmaTsuki
    KarmaTsuki Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a D-Link 524UP router with WEP security.

• therock50
    therock50 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue with my V3 551 . When I purchased my V3 on Jan 25-2013 the wi-fi was working perfect. But only until a few days ago it stopped working (connecting internet for 5-10mins than dropping off, needing to reconnect) I believe the window's 8 auto updates messed something up, in order to temporarily  fix I right-click the wi-fi icon --> troubleshoot problems it temporarily fixes wi-fi I connect but only having it dissconnect after a few minutes. Very Frustrating...

I am looking into the issue, will report if I find the remedy..

• Dianos
    Dianos Member Posts: 9 New User

Is it not possible to restore your windows 8 back to an earlier point?

• talha
    talha Member Posts: 4 New User

yes i am having the same issue..i am so annoyed with this..will external usb adapter fix this issue??

This discussion has been closed.