Out of warranty laptop repair

pjlworld
pjlworld Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

The hinges of my laptop are broken, and when I brought it into the shop, the gentleman informed me that it would require a new frame and that it would be in my best interest to send it in.  Unfortunate, but if it's gotta get done, then it's gotta get done. 

But I'm having difficulty finding information about out-of-warranty repairs.  I've done some forum search around, but no clear answers were given.  Just vague, "it costs $200 to fix" and "yes, it's fixable".

Would you give me directions to getting my out-of-warranty laptop please?  Thank you.

[Pete]

Answers

• pjlworld
    pjlworld Member Posts: 2 New User

TLDR below

My experience in attempt of getting my laptop fixed has so far been extremely miserable:

I googled ACER support contact, and was given this page: www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/contacts

>The numbers given for Missisauga, ON. fails to pick up.  I will try again few hours later.

When calling the number below "Technical Support, Warranty, Spare Parts and Service", an impressive bot picks up and leads me through.  Only to inform me that my warranty has expired and it quickly withdraws itself its service as if I'm not worth anything (I just want to speak to a person).  Knowing this would hand beforehand, I tried to bulldoze my way through the part where it asks for my SNID.  And to my demise, it did not budge until it gave my SNID.  And as mentioned, it dismissed me as quick as ever.

It did give a number however: 800 237 6483.  When called, an East Indian woman picked up and told me that she cannot help me because she's only there for technical support help.  I don't know what technical support she's for, when asked, she gave me the full title (which was mumbled), then hung up immediately.  I had asked (before being hung up on), if she could perhaps give me a number that may direct me the right way, and she basically said that isn't her job description.  And that she isn't under the ACER umbrella to give a **bleep**.  Why that bot gave me this number is beyond me, lol..

All I want is to fix my laptop.

TLDR: Trying to fix my laptop has been an absolute hell.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Please PM me with a phone number, email address, and where you're located, and we'll work to resolve this for you.

• markcasper7
    markcasper7 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire One that is completely dead, nothing lights up, nothing comes up. I too have expereinced the lack of information anywhere on the internet about how or where to get this repaired. Am at my wits end and have tried all the support numbers and experienced the voice prompt hell only to be disconnected when they discover my warranty is up.

PLEASE!!!!! Somebody tell me what to do. I just want to get this fixed or at least find out if its good money after bad or what.

This discussion has been closed.