No Internet Access

njshade
njshade Member Posts: 3 New User

For some reason, I can't connect to the internet anymore. I am connected to my network but am getting the message 'no internet access'. all other computers on the network are fine. Tried turning off my firewall with no luck. Is there some kind of switch or parameter I accidentally turned off? McAfee scan shows no problem. Acer Aspire v5-531 series 

Answers

• Raffi
    Raffi Member Posts: 59 Troubleshooter

Hi ,

Enable wireless by using Fn+f3

Press and hold fn key and tap f3 key once.that should enable wireless.

Once wireless is enabled ,select the network and clik on connect.

• njshade

Thanks.  We tried that but no change.  The problem is not connecting to the network.  The message is 'no internet access.'  There is no connection from the network to the internet.  All other computers in the house are fine.

• randscaping
    randscaping Member Posts: 3 New User

are all the computers with internet connected wirelessly?

• njshade

there is only 1 computer hardwired, all other devices are wireless. that one works fine also.

• randscaping
    randscaping Member Posts: 3 New User

Quote:  "The problem is not connecting to the network.  The message is 'no internet access.'  There is no connection from the network to the internet.  All other computers in the house are fine."

This in itself is a contradiction. If there was a problem with the access point ("There is no connection from the network to the internet"), none of your computers would be able to get internet from the network.

I suspect the IP4 and DNS configurations may be the culprit here. A simple fix that requires a statically set IP4 address. Let's do some info-gathering here. Can you post a screenshot of what you get from IPCONFIG?(on the Acer in question) (Windows key+R > type in "cmd" > at the prompt that appears, type in IPCONFIG and press ENTER. > Post results

This discussion has been closed.