2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
jdstrick

Need missing screws from bottom of my notebook

A screw is missing from the bottom of my Acer Aspire 5251 notebook and I wanted to know how and where can I get replacement screws .

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Need missing screws from bottom of my notebook

If you are able to absolutely identify which screw is missing, I can check to see what kind of screw it is and provide that information for you.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
jdstrick

Tommy, thank you for your response and any help given. . .

The screws are the ones that hold the bottom of the notebook together.

If you flip the notebook over so that the bottom is face-up, the two screws that are missing are both on the Top Right (Side with the power button, ventilation slots).

One is real close to where you plug in the power cord to the notebook, sort of on the corner.

The other is to the left of that position, but down al little bit (it's right beside the little rubber pad that I guess keeps the laptop from sliding or to keep it level.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

The Lower cover screws that are missing are notated as:

Lower Cover - M2.5*8

Attached pic of screw.  Hope that helps.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
jdstrick

[ Edited ]

Ok, yes I guess that is the correct screw in the pic. I've never seen the actual screws outside of the laptop, because I've never taken them out, all I can tell you is the location of the missing screws as I did so in my previous reply. Here is an attached pic of what is missing on my notebook.

Ok now, how do I go about getting the screw?

Again thanks

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Quick search online ... example:

http://www.laptopscrews.com/M2.5x8.htm

We do not endorse or recommend a particular third party product for use with our products.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: