Name resolution for the name ??? timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

ChrisRNZ
ChrisRNZ Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there,

I just purchased an Acer Aspire V5-571PG.  Whenever I do anything that involves using the wireless I typically get the following error in the Windows System Event Log:

"Name resolution for the name community.acer.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded."

The address featured in the error message changes depending on what internet site I'm trying to access.  This happens every 30 seconds or so.  The error ID is 1014 and the Source is "DNS Client Events".  I'm not too sure what is wrong.  I have two other laptops on my home network using the same router and they are fine, I've never had a problem with them.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Kind regards,

Chris

Best Answer

• ChrisRNZ
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

Just to advise that I got this one working.  Even though I'd just brought the laptop today it seems the wireless drives on it were already out of date.  I downloaded the updated wireless drives from the Acer support site and I no longer have this particular issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

Answers

• ChrisRNZ
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

Just to advise that I got this one working.  Even though I'd just brought the laptop today it seems the wireless drives on it were already out of date.  I downloaded the updated wireless drives from the Acer support site and I no longer have this particular issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

This discussion has been closed.