Microsoft Office Starter

tessa_rae
tessa_rae Member Posts: 2 New User

So I've had my Acer Aspire Timeline X for a little over a year and it came preinstalled with Microsoft Office Starter. Not too long ago I downloaded a trial version of Microsoft Office so I could use the Powerpoint on it. Apparently I had already done so and Microsoft no longer allowed me to download the trial. Well for some reason this jacked up my Starter so now it asks for a product key, which I don't have because it came with my computer.

I've already tried talking to Microsoft, I've restored my computer back as far as it will go, and I tried repairing Starter. None of it worked.

I feel like the only thing left to do is reboot, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

So, 2 things: Anything I can do to salvage my Starter (I'm in college and I bought this computer specifically for college and now it's practically useless), and how to reboot if there are no other options?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Best option is to buy the Office Product key from Microsoft or buy a full package of Microsoft Office from a PC retail store.

Regards,

Freeza

• tessa_rae
    tessa_rae Member Posts: 2 New User
    If I could afford to I would have already done so. I just want my free Microsoft Starter back.
  • freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Then backup all your data and restore the system to factory settings using Acer eRecovery Management. Therefore it means that everytime that you reach your number of uses/trial days and you want to continue to use the Trial version of office, then you need to do the same procedure...

Regards,

Freeza

• lovelyone77
    lovelyone77 Member Posts: 3 New User

I want my office starter 2010 code to download free powerpoint ! Buying the whole Office 2010 is to expensive !

It isn't right that I don't have the product code ! My acer Aspire 7560G wasn't cheap ! Who can I blame for it ? Acer or the shop where I bought my laptop ! I think ACER .

This discussion has been closed.