Laptop screen display stays blank after power on.

GWAPITO
GWAPITO Member Posts: 4 New User

sir,

I just bought a acer v3 471G then I adde 4Gb memory and its running on windows8 on the third day when I power on the screen displays nothing but cd-rom and fan working I dont know the HDD but the blue lit once. I already tried removing additional memory and then place it on the ohter slot but still does'nt work. I also tried removing battery  unplug the power then press power button to remove residual electricity but still does'nt. what do you think the problem of my laptop?

Answers

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

What you can try is a discharge:

If you have a removable battery:

1. Disconnect AC Adapter

2. Remove the battery

3. Press the power button for ~30 sec.

4. Put battery back and AC adapter and check if the notebook powers back on.

If you have a non-removable battery, there is a button on the rear or bottom of the case to do the same.

Now, if this does not help, best to call Acer, sounds like a hardware defect in that case.

• GWAPITO

Sir,

I already done this many times but still doesnt work, I even tried discharging the battery then remove it also the AC adapter and press the power button about 60sec to discharge residual electrity then put back the battery and Ac adaptor but still got black screen, not entering even bios.

• GWAPITO

I guess acer aspire V3 471G has hardware defect especially motherboard maybe. Very sad to have this problem, m in a remote area this days and supposedly beating my deadlines, I trust acer for long years but this time so disgusted. Smiley Sad

• GWAPITO

Please dont buy these type of unit especially during the time you buy it cant even complete a recovery usb since this is usb base recovery as what I've experience.

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

I'm sorry to hear it isn't working, indeed most likely it means the mainboard failed. So, besto to contact Acer, your unit is quite new, so they should repair it under warrranty, right? Understandable you're disappointed now, but after a repair, there should not be further problem, and you can enjoy this notebook for a good time to come ;-) (trying to cheer you up a bit after sad news, not sure whether it works...)

This discussion has been closed.