This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
jsaar

Intel 4000 HD Graphics driver

I'm using Acer Aspire v3-571. How can I upgrade my Intel graphics HD 4000 driver to the newest?

Edy
Edy

Re: Intel 4000 HD Graphics driver

Visitor
jsaar

That link includes drivers for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000, I was looking for drivers for Intel Graphics 4000 though. When I try to download latest drivers from Intel's pages I get this message: A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer. I'd really like to get the latest driver which is said to improve performance by 10% etc.

Edy
Edy

Now that you mentioned it I will also try to upgrade the driver,I also have the v3-571G with win7 ultimate,I gave you the wrong link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Lapto... this should be the right one.I am waiting for the download to finish

Edy
Edy

The instalation worked you just have to choose carefuly the wright windows and bit,and then dowload the second or third driver, the first one is only for developers. if you could tell me your windows i could send you the exact url

Established Member
LeoScott

I don't know about your V5 but on my V3 I cannot install any graphics drivers except the ones on Acers download site or by their updater utility that came on the laptop.  This has to do with modifications that they have in the autoswitching between the Intel integrated graphics and the NVIDIA graphics chip in my machine.  I will have to wait until Acer posts the update on their site.  You may have to wait also.

Edy
Edy

Mine is also a v3 and I managed to install the last drivers for nvidia and for intel. with nvidia was a bit harder i had to rewrite a file from the driver so it would stop telling me that i should only install drivers from the manufacturer site.but the intel driver did not give me any problem i installed 5 minutes ago

Visitor
jsaar

I managed to install the driver (v9.18.10.3071) not sure if this is the newest one. But atleast it's much more updated than the last one. Thank you for the support :smileyhappy: Tomorrow I will see does this update offer a slighty

Visitor
jsaar

Better performance for a game

Edy
Edy

That is the one i installed to glad to see it worked 

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: