Inputting Green Characters

keys123
keys123 Member Posts: 2 New User

How do you input all the green characters, especially the ones on the second row from the top of the keyboard, from an Aspire V3-771-6447 Windows 8 laptop?

I could only insert some of the green characters on the keyboard by changing to Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard:

e.g..  é    è    à    ^   à    ç   

But how do you input rest of them: ones on second row from the top, some at the right quarter of the keyboard, and one left of the "z" key.

E.g.. The "British pound symbol" on the 2nd row from the top and 4th key from the left.

Any relevant, workable, solutions would be appreciated!

PS: Pressing "shift" and the green key just makes an uppercase white letter.

The example key:

P8030055.JPG

My Keyboard:

P8030054.JPG

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Keys

You are not the first with this question.

Do a search on this forum for, green and keyboard etc.

My own problem is with blue alternate characters.  After a very long exchage with Acer Support, I concluded that they didn't know either. I gave up but maybe one of the offered previous green solutions will work for you.

Leho

• keys123
    keys123 Member Posts: 2 New User

Why would Acer make a function that they themselves don't know how to use???  Smiley LOL

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Different optional characters are designed for different keyboards and will not work on every type of keyboard. For instance, my Mexican keyboard has a key labelled "AltGr," and it lets me use certain optional symbols.

This discussion has been closed.