Iconia W700 bought in Russia.

tharorris
tharorris Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello there community.

I am Greek, and i got a present for my birthday an Acer Iconia W700. The problem is that the device was bought in Russia so everything inside is in Russian.

I know that you can change the Interface Language so i tried to do it. Suddenly i see that the version is Windows 8 (x64) Single Language. Ok! How we deal with that?

In the package i find 4 DVD's. System, Recovery 1/2, Recovery 2/2, and Recovery (Russian). Then i read that i HAVE to have an external USB DVD-Drive. In the year 2013 that we live, every device accept USB. Why external DVD? For a restore (maybe) once in a year? Really, who owns one?

Anyway i read somewhere in the community to try and put all files inside a USB Disk and while the boot process was normal, it asked me for Recovery DVD #2. Files were already inside! What we do now? Why the program doesn't actually read the files?

So i reset tablet. Of course OS was corrupted. I couldn't boot normaly so i installed a fresh copy of Windows 8 Pro (x64). Downloaded and installed also drivers from Acer. Something called DPTF didn't installed because it says the specific model does not meet the minimum requierements (?!?).

This DPTF thing, as i understood, is the problem why when i wake the device from sleep mode, it separates my screen to two halves. I mean, i see the top of the screen two times while the touch works fullscreen. I changed also VGA Driver and Chipset. Same problem.

After all this mess, i spend 3 days searching and nothing more.

I have an incredible device for present, in a language i couldn't read, with recovery DVD's which are working ONLY by external DVD Drive and not by USB, and after i installed Win8 Pro, using another serial number which i bought, the drivers don't work.

It's not the first Acer product which i own, and still Acer dissapoints me.

Now i try to find a way, to restore from Recovery Disks the OS. But as i see it will be in Russian. Except if someone gives me any ISO with english interface. Will the original s/n will work? Or maybe someone give me the driver for DPTF.

Thanks for your time reading my small "Adventure". Any ideas or hints will be valuable.

Best Answer

• BenjaminLSR
    BenjaminLSR Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Answer ✓

[direct download removed]

Installing the drivers
    Download Center to download the Acer drivers for our tablet.
    Unpack and install the chipset drivers, AHCI, AMT, Sensor DFU, Sensor Hub and HID Monitor. DFU / Hub placed starting dpinst.exe.
    Install Driver Wireless LAN. The current version as of this writing manual (10.0.0.217.v3) includes driver and Wi-Fi and BT, so a separate driver for BT I did not set.
    Driver for the video, I decided to put not one that offers Acer, and took from the site Intel. You decide what to put myself. If you decide to Intel, then go here, select Graphics, Desktop graphics drivers and Intel ® HD Graphics 3000 or 4000, depending on your tablet.
    Driver Realtek-Audio. You can, of course, also taken from the site Realtek, but the driver from Acer includes Dolby Home Theater. I decided not to give up this shtukentsiya, painfully like it to me.
    Driver Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework (DPTF). Important thing. This driver is only installed for the modifications to the chipset tablet i5-3317U (possibly for i3-3217U). On the tablet with an i3-2365M install it will not work. However, even on supported tablet just so he refuses to be installed. To solve this problem, you must first use the so-called DPTF_Fix:
      DPTF_fix.zip (105,23 K)
    Downloads :: 42
    You need to run the batch file as administrator Fix_DPTF.cmd (preferably manually from the command line), then run as administrator "C: \ Windows \ System32 \ DptfPolicyCriticalService.exe" and "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ DptfInvalidPolicyRemover.exe" and after This put the driver itself.

--> google translated from http://acer-club.ru

Answers

• BenjaminLSR
    BenjaminLSR Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Answer ✓

[direct download removed]

Installing the drivers
    Download Center to download the Acer drivers for our tablet.
    Unpack and install the chipset drivers, AHCI, AMT, Sensor DFU, Sensor Hub and HID Monitor. DFU / Hub placed starting dpinst.exe.
    Install Driver Wireless LAN. The current version as of this writing manual (10.0.0.217.v3) includes driver and Wi-Fi and BT, so a separate driver for BT I did not set.
    Driver for the video, I decided to put not one that offers Acer, and took from the site Intel. You decide what to put myself. If you decide to Intel, then go here, select Graphics, Desktop graphics drivers and Intel ® HD Graphics 3000 or 4000, depending on your tablet.
    Driver Realtek-Audio. You can, of course, also taken from the site Realtek, but the driver from Acer includes Dolby Home Theater. I decided not to give up this shtukentsiya, painfully like it to me.
    Driver Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework (DPTF). Important thing. This driver is only installed for the modifications to the chipset tablet i5-3317U (possibly for i3-3217U). On the tablet with an i3-2365M install it will not work. However, even on supported tablet just so he refuses to be installed. To solve this problem, you must first use the so-called DPTF_Fix:
      DPTF_fix.zip (105,23 K)
    Downloads :: 42
    You need to run the batch file as administrator Fix_DPTF.cmd (preferably manually from the command line), then run as administrator "C: \ Windows \ System32 \ DptfPolicyCriticalService.exe" and "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ DptfInvalidPolicyRemover.exe" and after This put the driver itself.

--> google translated from http://acer-club.ru

• tharorris
    tharorris Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you VERY much for your reply. You are a diamond!

The russian guy describes exactly what i want.

• clarksonbc
    clarksonbc Member Posts: 6 New User

Did you get anywhere with this?  I have exactly the same problem.  Screen broken in two after a fresh install.  I cannot get the DPTF to install at all.

• zekoslav
    zekoslav Member Posts: 16 New User

any solution to fix double screen????

• most
    most Member Posts: 4 New User

booting into safe mode works. at least you're able to do some basic settings. but I didn't manage to get that resolved, well I didn't try...

• zekoslav
    zekoslav Member Posts: 16 New User

Dear, just install windows i  UEFI boot mode, that will fix problem with double screen. This is a only solution!

This discussion has been closed.