This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
augias

Iconia B1 installing app

[ Edited ]

I cannot install any apps or system updates on my new B1. Wifi is working and the Google play store is accessible, but when i want to install any app, the download just doesn't happen. Finaly an error message appears "adobe acrobat cannot be downloaded as result of an error (495)"  Same for system updates. I can recieve and send e-mails through gmail, so it is not my wifi that is faulty. Should i claim warranty or is there a simple solution?

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Iconia B1 installing app

Check the date and time to make sure it is set correctly, as this can cause problems loading Apps. If you are still having problems, you may try a web search with the terms Android Error 495.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Regular Visitor
augias

Date and time are correct.

Searching the net for error 495 shows that quite a number of people experience this problem. A lot of bogus solutions are posted but none of them actually work. The "funny" bit is that some wifi networks actually let me download apps and others (including my own) not, but all of them let me browse the internet and also work perfectly with my smartphone.

Nobody seems to know for sure what causes this problem, but it may have something to do with Google servers. Maybe the Google people know, but if they do, they don't share the info.

Duc
Visitor
Duc

Hi,
I have the same problem. I just bought this tablet and no use to me. I searched the net and find nothing solutions. I will return immediately
Duc
Visitor
Duc

I find my problem, was in my router but i do not have the solution.
Regular Visitor
augias

How did you determine the problem was in your router?

Duc
Visitor
Duc

I check the tablet with other wifi connections and download apps without problem, but my vodafone router no. This router have the same problems with my Sony tv I think, but in other side, the ipad don t have any problem.

At this moment, I don t have the solution.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: