2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
mimseycal

I want to uninstall preinstalled apps from a new acer laptop but cannot find a way of doing it.

I have bought an Acer Aspire E1-571 which is running Windows 8. It came with preinstalled Acer apps I want to uninstall but though I have found the control panel there is no way of uninstalling the Acer apps as they do not appear on the control panel.

Leader
Tabbiekatz

Re: I want to uninstall preinstalled apps from a new acer laptop but cannot find a way of doing it.

Right click on each app and it will give you the option of "unpinning" the app, which will get it off of the screen, but will not uninstall, or uninstalling the program.

Visitor
mimseycal

Re: I want to uninstall preinstalled apps from a new acer laptop but cannot find a way of doing it.

Thank you. I just want the dratted things off my laptop though, not just out of sight :smileywink:

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

It will depend on the app you wish to remove, but generally, right clicking on the app will open the bar at the bottom of the screen with options to:

Unpin from Start

Uninstall

Smaller

Just choose to Uninstall those apps you do not wish to use.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Leader
Tabbiekatz

You are very welcome. I understand about all the extra's on a comptuer that just needs to be removed :womanhappy:

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: