I am locked out of my acer desktop.

Shirley
Shirley Member Posts: 3 New User

For the first time my desktop is locked and asking for a password?  This has never happened before.  Wizard is requesting an

external e or f drive.  Can anyone help.  Have tried to reboot no success.  Thanks

Answers

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi. First trye use this solution

To start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, follow these steps:

1. Start your computer.
    2. When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
    3. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
  • Shirley

Thanks for your reply.  When I restart or shutdown and start, I do not get any options to select

what you advised.  It goes straight to password required.  I cannot do anything else.  Any other

ideas??

• tom85

What windows you've got?

• Shirley

windows 7

• tom85

If doesnt help use this one (reset factory defaults)

How to recovery your system from bootup

1. Locate the Alt key, to the left of the space bar, and F10, on the top row of keys.
    2. Power the system on.
    3. When the system is powered on, tap the Alt and F10 keys together at the same time when the Acer splash screen appears.
      It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner.
    4. At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore.
    5. Click on the restore option you would like to use.

Or maybe somebody else have some solutions.

This discussion has been closed.