Let's Get Social!
Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.
If you have the model that came with a keyboard (W520-1422) use Acer Recovery Management program that came with the tablet. The program has a Restore Factory Settings button. If you have a tablet only model, the following is what I got from Acer Technical Support.
System recovery will erase all the data in the tablet. Please backup the data before following the steps.
On the Iconia Tab W510 models with 32 GB internal storage you need to use the supplied Recovery DVDs to re-install Windows 8.
You will need the following items to follow the below steps:
· External USB DVD drive with AC Adapter. An external drive powered via the USB port will not work.
· USB Mouse
Use the following steps to reinstall Windows 8:
1. Put your Iconia Tab W510 into its docking station.
2. Connect the powered external DVD drive to the mini-USB port on the tablet. Use the supplied USB converter cable.
3. Connect the USB mouse to the USB port on the docking station.
4. Insert the disk labelled System DVD into the DVD drive.
5. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
6. Tap Security, and then choose [Set] to create a Supervisor password.
7. After your password is set, select Boot, then select Enabled and choose Disabled to disable secure boot.
8. Tap Main, then tap F12 Boot Menu. Change the Boot Menu setting to Enabled.
9. Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.
10. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F12 key to enter the Boot Menu.
11. Select the DVD Drive, and press ENTER.
12. After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.
Note: In the recovery environment, you cannot use the touchscreen or the keyboard and touchpad of the docking station. You will need to use the USB mouse to make your selections.
FINALLY Clearly written instructions! Thank YOU! It was the lack of an "AC powered" USB, as from a hub, that had me thinking my system was UNABLE to access the "System Restore" DVDs i had purchased. In my case i sent the W510 back to Amazon and they GRACIOUSLY sent me out another at no charge. These directions of yours SHOULD have been made MUCH more plain by ACER! I am certain they would have saved themselves and many others much grief! Thank you for posting. With my new, fully functional W510, I created an HDD flash recovery to have on hand along with the originally purchased DVDs--($19.99-ACER) and i also burned a DVD with drivers for additional protection. Thanks again!