How to make acer recovery ??

ajay7777777
ajay7777777 Member Posts: 3 New User

A few months ago i Stupidally formatted my acer V5-431 and lost all the things to do with acer and I want to make an acer recovery but i Can't . (I re installed Windows 7 Home premium )

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If you reformatted your drive you might still have the Acer eRecovery partition. Am I right to assume you used another Windows disk to wipe your system? If you did and you didn't delete partitions you should be able to restart the computer, press and hold ALT while tapping on F10 while it's loading (as soon as it powers on, don't stop until you see a message regarding recovery). If you did delete the partition then it's impossible to create recovery media from your system. You'll need to contact Acer to order replacements.

• ajay7777777
    ajay7777777 Member Posts: 3 New User

i had formatted it all including all partions

• valsimot
    valsimot Member Posts: 9 New User

If you didn't install anything after reformatting a disk (and if you didn't do a low level format), you can still recover your partitions. There are number of tools that you can use to restore them, including some free tools like testdisk: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

There are also live CDs that include testdisk (and some other recovery tools): Live CDs

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Not happening. As you specified in your first post you installed another copy of windows. Your partitions are lost. You can't burn a copy of your disks, you can't recover from a partion, because the disk images are gone. The only way for you to get a copy of your disks now is to contact Acer directly and order replacements.

• baxters
    baxters Member Posts: 4 New User
    Just my opinion, but you're beter off imaging your machine. I believe Win7 has a native capability to do that, plus it can make a boot disk in case the hard drive fails. I've never used it. I have a third party program (Acronis) that has always worked for me. The Ace recovery disk works fine, but then it's like a bare bones PC again. You have to get all the windows updates again, srip out the programs that Acer added, plus re-install any programs.
This discussion has been closed.