How to get the built in web cam working on my Aspire 5600

brianparkes
brianparkes Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi I am new here. Need help to get my built in web cam working on my Aspire 5600. First, the Hardware vendor detection says I have a Logitech built in camera, but the download from Acer does not work. I have downloaded Logitech Version 9.4.4.1082 twice, each time it is corrupt. I then downloaded Version 9.4.0.1120. This seems to be the wrong kind of camera - Acer Orbicam - Acer settings management says 'camera is unplugged'.

There seem to be many bloggers on the web with similar problems and no solutions found yet. Does anyone have the answer?

Answers

• dhmcw2
    dhmcw2 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same problem with my 5610Z.  Downloading a fresh driver did not resolve it.  There might be an answer for your problem though.  Check your camera type in the device manager.  It will tell you the manufacturer of your camera.  Mine is Bison.  Yours may not be Logitech.  If you download the wrong driver it will not work.  Unforturnately installing a fresh driver properly matched to the camera did not help me.

• gable
    gable Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an acer aspire 7535g running windows, recently the webcam has stopped working, i did download the drivers and reintalled but is still not working. I had thought to reintall the Operating system and see if there will any change, before that i would like to find out if there is any other way that will saave a lot of time reinstalling the operiting system, the applications. The Pic can be seen here

This discussion has been closed.