2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
nakulm

How to do a clean re-install of Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 1410.

I do have the following two disks supplied by Acer after I purchased this notebook some time back.

1) Acer Upgrade DVD (Acer upgrade wizard, applications drivers for Windows 7)

2) Windows 7 Upgrade Media (Windows 7)

The issue is that I want to clean up my laptop of all old spyware/adware etc, and want to re-image.

When I use the upgrade DVD, (using the network; the notebook does not have a cd drive); the first two boxes are grayed out; (insert Acer Upgrade disk (Phase 1 completed) and Please insert Windows 7 disk (Phase 2 completed), and the only option is Acer Upgrade disk (drivers and applications).

How can I re-image the laptop with a clean install (erase all data and programs). Using this media (2 disks mentioned above). The envelope says:

Win Vista HmPrm - Win 7 HmPrm UPG Fulfill Acer Group, and I have a product key. The disks are labelled as mentioned above.

Thanks,

Nakul

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: How to do a clean re-install of Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 1410.

You will want to use eRecovery (ALT + F10) when starting the system to restore the computer to the factory load.

Then use the Windows 7 upgrade media.

How do I restore my computer using the eRecovery Management program?

How do I restore my computer using the eRecovery Management program outside of Windows?

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: