How to access Euro sign

AlyceM
AlyceM Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer Aspire notebook.  On the number 5 at the top of the keyboard, there is a Euro sign at the lower right of the key. I've tried as many combinations of keys that I can think of to get that key to type the Euro sign. Can anyone help?

Answers

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

On my M5 the Euro is on the '4' key - therefore '4' + <Alt Gr>.

You would use '5' + <Alt Gr>.

(<Alt Gr> is to the right of the space bar.)

• AlyceM

Thanks, but that didn't work for me. Mine is an Aspire M as well, with Windows 8 (which I really don't like!!)

• Alan-London

ok. To be pedantic, I should have typed <Alt Gr> + '4' for €.

So, you would hold down <Alt Gr> while you type '4'.

If that fails then I am at a loss as to the problem.

My M5-581TG also came with Windows 8. What a disaster! I'm now running Windows 7 Ultimate - runs like a dream!

• AlyceM

Odd, mine is a M5-581T as well and that doesn't work. Weird. Thanks, though!  Did you load Windows 7 back onto your notebook?

• Alan-London

I purchased mine with Windows 8 - I hunted around but couldn't find one with Windows 7 so I bought that and upgraded to Win7 (I don't see it as a down grade as Win7 Ultimate is around four times the price of Win8 and far superior in my opinion). I had tried running Win8 in a virtual machine on my desktop and was extremely underwhelmed to say the least.

Have you tested to see whether you can type the ''¦' key with <Alt Gr>? (To the left of '1').

I'm not sure what if anything that would prove though.

Edit: Just a thought, have you changed language, keyboard or 'Change Key Sequence'?

Clock, Language and Region > Region and Language > Text Services and Input Languages > Change Key Sequence

(There is a setting there for 'Switch Keyboard Layout')

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

1. Open a text editor or word processor.

2. Hold <Alt Gr> and then press the <5> key at the upper-center of the keyboard.

NOTE: Note: Some fonts and software do not support the Euro symbol. Please refer to www.microsoft.com/typography/faq/faq12.htm for more information.

Alternatively the Euro Symbol “€” can be typed by right ALT + "E" (or, left CTRL + ALT + "E")

• AlyceM

Aha! I can get it with the left ctrl+alt+e. But still not with the key at the top. At least now I can do it when needed. Thanks!!!

This discussion has been closed.