This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
AlyceM

How to access Euro sign

I have an Acer Aspire notebook.  On the number 5 at the top of the keyboard, there is a Euro sign at the lower right of the key. I've tried as many combinations of keys that I can think of to get that key to type the Euro sign. Can anyone help?

Pioneer
Alan-London

Re: How to access Euro sign

On my M5 the Euro is on the '4' key - therefore '4' + <Alt Gr>.

You would use '5' + <Alt Gr>.

(<Alt Gr> is to the right of the space bar.)

Frequent Visitor
AlyceM

Thanks, but that didn't work for me. Mine is an Aspire M as well, with Windows 8 (which I really don't like!!)

Pioneer
Alan-London

[ Edited ]

ok. To be pedantic, I should have typed <Alt Gr> + '4' for €.

So, you would hold down <Alt Gr> while you type '4'.

If that fails then I am at a loss as to the problem.

My M5-581TG also came with Windows 8. What a disaster! I'm now running Windows 7 Ultimate - runs like a dream!

Frequent Visitor
AlyceM

Odd, mine is a M5-581T as well and that doesn't work. Weird. Thanks, though!  Did you load Windows 7 back onto your notebook?

Pioneer
Alan-London

[ Edited ]

I purchased mine with Windows 8 - I hunted around but couldn't find one with Windows 7 so I bought that and upgraded to Win7 (I don't see it as a down grade as Win7 Ultimate is around four times the price of Win8 and far superior in my opinion). I had tried running Win8 in a virtual machine on my desktop and was extremely underwhelmed to say the least.

Have you tested to see whether you can type the ''¦' key with <Alt Gr>? (To the left of '1').

I'm not sure what if anything that would prove though.

Edit: Just a thought, have you changed language, keyboard or 'Change Key Sequence'?

Clock, Language and Region > Region and Language > Text Services and Input Languages > Change Key Sequence

(There is a setting there for 'Switch Keyboard Layout')

Ally
Sharanji

1. Open a text editor or word processor.

2. Hold <Alt Gr> and then press the <5> key at the upper-center of the keyboard.

NOTE: Note: Some fonts and software do not support the Euro symbol. Please refer to www.microsoft.com/typography/faq/faq12.htm for more information.

Alternatively the Euro Symbol “€” can be typed by right ALT + "E" (or, left CTRL + ALT + "E")

Note: While I am an Acer employee or contracted employee, my contributions to Acer Community are my own and not representative of Acer or its views.
Frequent Visitor
AlyceM

Aha! I can get it with the left ctrl+alt+e. But still not with the key at the top. At least now I can do it when needed. Thanks!!!

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: