2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
shudson

How do I get my keyboard to go back to normal? numbers instead of vowels...

My dog stepped on my tablet keyboard and somehowlocked it into a mode where the vowels and certain keys with a symbol in the right come up instead of the intended key.  to type normally, I have to hold down the function key.  how to I fix this?

Established Member
sc00ter98

Re: How do I get my keyboard to go back to normal? numbers instead of vowels...

Have you removed the batterie?

Super Contributor
Joshua188

hello shudson , the best way to ressolve this is to reset the unit for a quick fix. Also make sure you have the KB language is set to be the right language.

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
ACE Pioneer
padgett

Sounds like the numlock is turned on. With a mobile keyboard these map numbers to letter keys e.g.u=4, i=5,o=6.

Should either a seperate numlock key or on some portables have to hit fn-numlock.

Every time I boot the W510 into the BIOS setup I have to turn the numlock off before I can enter my password. 

Visitor
Mesha84

Re: How do I get my internal keypad to pull up?

My kids was playing games on my tablet and now when u go to google the keypad will not pull up so that i can type

Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

Re: How do I get my internal keypad to pull up?

Have you tried resetting the device using the small reset hole on the top edge ?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: