How do I exchange OEM video card with new Radeon R7770 card? AG360-UR308 doesn't find new card.

JoeDubeck
JoeDubeck Member Posts: 1 New User

The single video output is insufficient on my new ACER Predator G series desktop AG3620-UR308, so I bought new PCI Express 3.0 RADEON R7770 card with dual DVI Outputs. After physically installing new card, I can't get it to work and install CD won't run. I loaded Catalyst software and driver on-line but still card doesn't work. Only mouse cursor shows up on otherwise blank monitors. Thanks. Joe

Answers

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Your power supply, how many Wats it have?

• Ranier
    Ranier Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi there, It seems like the only solution is disabling the Secure Boot that comes with Windows 8, which doesn't allows to upgrade a graphic card that the system doesn't recognize.

Here are the instruccions

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

Here's a review from someone who purchased the AG3620-UR318 "Overall it is an outstanding computer. However, when attempting to upgrade from the GT 630 video card to an hd 7950. It wouldn't display video thru the 7950 because there were no signed drivers on the computer yet. Once I disabled Secure boot in the bios, everything worked fine."

So it should work on this one as well. I'm really interested in buying this computer, but if it doesn't allow a GPU upgrade then I don't think I'll buy it. Please, tell me if you try it and if it worked, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.