How can I get a ringtone from my sd card to my telephone

spudje
spudje Member Posts: 1 New User

can anyone help me with this problem please

Answers

• Flattwinpower
    Flattwinpower Member Posts: 6 New User

I have the same problem with mij Liquid Gallant E350. I also would like to know how I can place apps om the sd card.

• Flattwinpower

It seems to be impossible to set a ringtone from the sd card to the telephone.

What you can do is search for an app with the songs you like for ringtone (I found an app with

Iron Maiden songs), download the app and then you can pick a song from the app and set this one as

ringtone. This worked for me.

• Coolman
    Coolman Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

i hope it will help you.

The slot where you put the sd card is called sdcard2.

To have a ringtone you have on it is simple.

Go in File manager, clic on the house up the left corner,  clic on sdcard2, choose the folder where the music you want is , hold your finger on the file you want to copy, copy it, and then you just have to paste it in the ringtones folder of the phone. (the ringtone folder is on the sdcard phone, not the one in the slot).

:-)

Have a good day.

• Flattwinpower

It works, thank you so much.

Do you also know how to put an app on the sdcard2 ?

• Flattwinpower

I found it myself how to place an app on the sd card 2

Go in File manager, clic on the house up the left corner,  clic on sdcard, click on Android, click on data, hold you finger on the name of the app, copy it, go to sd card2, go to the map Android, go to the map data and paste the app.

• Coolman
    Coolman Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

and the App still working ?

Edit : i don't see any App in the Android/data folder, can you show a title of App for exemple?

I think the only way to have App on sdcard2 is to root the phone ...

• Flattwinpower

You are right about the apps. I thought it worked but it didn't

• acero2013
    acero2013 Member Posts: 36 New User

Hi!

It is possible to move an application from your device to your SD card. It needs to be done in 2 steps:

1) First of all, download an "app back up" application, such as "Astro File Manager", or "App Backup & Restore ".  You can use iether of these apps to create a back up copy of a list of applications in the phone's USB Storage (also called "sd card", which is a virtual USB storage in the phone, a partition of the phone's internal memory).

2) In File Manager, browse to the folder "sdcard/backups/apps"; you should see the APK files of all the apps you backed up. Copy the entire "apps" folder and paste it to the "sdcard2" directory (which is your SD card).

Hope it helps, any issues please do let me know!

This discussion has been closed.