Horizontal screen view too wide

dongcs1
dongcs1 Member Posts: 1 New User
I cannot see the far right and left corners both top and bottom on my brand new s230hl monitor. I've tried to adjust with the controls on the bottom of the monitor but I cannot change the horizontal display. I also cannot access my control panel icon or the Programs button because they are on the left side of the screen and I can't see them. I was on with acer tech support but they couldn't help. Their suggestion - take it in for service. Does anyone have any suggestions or do I take it back to the store

Answers

• Dsurian
    Dsurian Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter

I'm very surprised there isn't a control on the monitor for this - there should definitely be a H(orizontal) position and a V(ertical) position. Beg pardon, but you do know how to navigate the monitor's menu, right? - if so, and you still can't find one, very odd indeed. Try reseting it through that menu, if at all possible...and also maybe try playing around with the settings (turn off ACM, turn on DDC, etc.)

If you're on a Windows computer, try hitting the windows key on your keyboard. That should open up the start menu without having to actually click any icon, and hopefully give you access to the control panel - though, honestly, I'm not sure if that will lead you to any help concerning your problem...

This discussion has been closed.